Electrical Supervisor (Thames Valley Region) (Ref BDEL018)
At Bridges we are more than Engineers. As a team we shape and support engineering and construction for our clients who in turn touch the daily lives of millions of people across the UK. We have a large diverse team of talented Safe & Happy People, combining their strengths and ambition to bring innovation and evolution which ensures Sustainability for all stakeholders.
Across our key sectors – Power and Energy, Water, and Aggregates – we deliver diverse and interesting projects and programmes throughout UK infrastructure. Our projects range in value from £5k to £10m taking the role of Principle Contractor and Principal Designer on schemes and also supporting our valued Tier 1 contractor clients in a subcontractor and off-site manufacturing capacity.
When you join us, you’ll be part of our exciting journey.
Wherever your journey begins with us, through mutual engagement, we’ll make sure you are supported and invested in. We believe in ‘team bridges’ and leadership at all levels with our guiding principles; Safe People, Happy People, Sustainable Business.
Come and be part of our team!
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Supervisor to cover the Thames Valley region which includes areas along the M4 corridor (Swindon, Reading, Basingstoke).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carrying out installation works on site
- Day to day supervision of staff and subcontractors on site.
- Recording and reporting additional work on priced jobs for invoicing
- Interpretation of site drawings and project information
- Assisting with testing and commissioning of installations
- Planning the work efficiently in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Ordering materials and ensuring that the correct materials are on site when required
- Amend method statements and risk assessments due to site changes and ensure compliance by all personnel under your supervision
- Writing simple risk assessments and method statements (ie triplicate books)
- Minimising impact on & protection of the environment
- Responsible for updating site documentation
- Attending site meetings and program planning with the Project Manager
- Updating the project manager & QS with site information.
- Liaising with clients, acceptance of client documentation, permits to work etc.
- Implementation of Emergency procedures as necessary
- Organising, advising and supervising all personnel working on site and monitor productivity and output to maximise efficiency
- Undertake briefings on method statements, risk assessment, toolbox talks and any other briefings required
- Attending site meetings
- Liaising with customers and ensuring work is carried out to their specifications
- Liaising with other contractors
- Undertaking and recording statutory inspections of plant and equipment
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses
- Respect the environment, implement control measures where applicable to protect the environment
- Implement measures to prevent waste production
- To maintain confidentiality of information and ensure that information received is not disclosed, unless appropriate, to other Bridges personnel or external bodies
- Reporting & initial investigation of accidents/incidents
- Ensuring the completion of site installation work on schedule and within budget
- Ensuring efficient operation of the site team
- Ensuring the personal health and safety and that of others in your charge and around you
- Ensure all tools and equipment are on site when required and hired plant is off hired as soon as it is finished with.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of work on site to ensure work is completed right the first time
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- ECS Gold Card (essential)
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- CCNSG and EUSR
- Appropriate City & Guilds trade Qualification where appropriate
- Experience within an industrial environment, ideally within the water/waste water industry
- Experience Supervising a small team on simple installations
- Ability to write simple risk assessments
- Emergency first aid or First Aider
- Punctuality and reliability
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation and company procedures
- Willingness to learn and undertake occupational and Health and Safety training
- Numeric and reading skills
- Prepared to take responsibility for self and others
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to give and take instruction
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges offers flexible working for many of our roles to help support our employee’s work life balance. These flexible options may include part time or flexible hours or an element of home working. If you would like to discuss our flexible working options further please speak to our HR team or raise this at interview stage.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES - Please note that we are not accepting agency CVs for this position unless specifically requested.