Estimator / Proposals Engineer (Ref BEST009)
At Bridges we are more than Engineers. As a team we shape and support engineering and construction for our clients who in turn touch the daily lives of millions of people across the UK. We have a large diverse team of talented Safe & Happy People, combining their strengths and ambition to bring innovation and evolution which ensures Sustainability for all stakeholders.
Across our key sectors – Power and Energy, Water, and Aggregates – we deliver diverse and interesting projects and programmes throughout UK infrastructure. Our projects range in value from £5k to £10m taking the role of Principle Contractor and Principal Designer on schemes and also supporting our valued Tier 1 contractor clients in a subcontractor and off-site manufacturing capacity.
When you join us, you’ll be part of our exciting journey.
Wherever your journey begins with us, through mutual engagement, we’ll make sure you are supported and invested in. We believe in ‘team bridges’ and leadership at all levels with our guiding principles; Safe People, Happy People, Sustainable Business.
Come and be part of our team!
- Analysing drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare estimates in line with client requirements.
- Visiting sites to undertake surveys and produce associated reports and tenders.
- Production of accurate quotations including:
- Interpretation of client requirements and ensuring compliance with client’s standards.
- Production of drawings, parts lists and any other information required.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and project managers to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Attending site meetings.
- Carrying out site investigation work as required.
- Maintaining quotation records as required.
- Liaising with the Bid Manager in relation to the submission of bids and tenders.
- Communication with clients regarding quotation deadlines.
- Ensuring sent enquiries are followed-up with the client.
- Updating BOL and ensuring enquiries are logged, won and handed over efficiently
- Construct and formulate estimates and resolve commercial issues.
- Liaising with clients and sub-contractors to enable completion of quote and tenders.
- Liaising with clients and sub-contractors to resolve queries on quotations provided.
- Ensuring an effective handover of jobs to Project Managers.
- Liaising with the Project Controls Team to generate a programme of works for projects.
- To liaise with Delivery and understand labour requirements of a project.
- Dynamic and specialist experience from an engineering / manufacturing / fabrication / production sector
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering or contracting services
- Experience within the water industry (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of MCCs and Control Panels (highly desirable)
- Understanding of Principal Designer and Principal Contractor responsibilities under CDM.
- Experience of working from client specifications
- Motivated and methodical with a passion for producing accurate estimates
- Good computer skills, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Driving licence
- Engineering qualification (electrical/mechanical) (highly desirable)
Bridges offers flexible working for many of our roles to help support our employee’s work life balance. These flexible options may include part time or flexible hours or an element of home working. If you would like to discuss our flexible working options further please speak to our HR team or raise this at interview stage.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.