Managing Quantity Surveyor (Ref BCOM009)
At Bridges we are more than Engineers. As a team we shape and support engineering and construction for our clients who in turn touch the daily lives of millions of people across the UK. We have a large diverse team of talented Safe & Happy People, combining their strengths and ambition to bring innovation and evolution which ensures Sustainability for all stakeholders.
Across our key sectors – Power and Energy, Water, and Aggregates – we deliver diverse and interesting projects and programmes throughout UK infrastructure. Our projects range in value from £5k to £10m taking the role of Principle Contractor and Principal Designer on schemes and also supporting our valued Tier 1 contractor clients in a subcontractor and off-site manufacturing capacity.
When you join us, you’ll be part of our exciting journey.
Wherever your journey begins with us, through mutual engagement, we’ll make sure you are supported and invested in. We believe in ‘team bridges’ and leadership at all levels with our guiding principles; Safe People, Happy People, Sustainable Business.
Come and be part of our team!
- As a managing quantity surveyor you are expected to provide commercial support to the delivery teams. This will include commercial management at a framework level including a wide variety of different and complex contract types. The role would need to manage tight deadlines to meet both internal and external reporting periods.
- Review and negotiate awarded contracts to ensure a commercially beneficial position to the business.
- Responsible for the accurate and on time compilation of reporting to meet strict monthly deadlines. These reports feed into a wider batch of reporting completed across the business and you will be expected to provide support and feedback to both the delivery teams and management where required.
- Responsible for invoicing your own portfolio of projects in line with both on-site progress and contractual requirements, whilst monitoring the overall cost position and ensuring it is maintained at a positive level.
- Ensuring that the change control process is implemented correctly with the Delivery Team and that quotations are turned around within 7 days.
- Ensuring that project final accounts are agreed and signed off as swiftly by liaising with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring of project spend along with the delivery team, reviewing budgets to ensure the business and its customers are receiving value for money. Where possible identifying areas for savings and alternative procurement options that may bring about savings in cost or programme.
- Responsible for the swift set up of contracts to ensure stakeholders have access to key information as soon as possible.
- Support the rest of the commercial team with advice and guidance, and provide training and coaching as required.
- Experience and understanding of the NEC suite of contracts
- Mechanical and/or electrical background is desirable
- Confident in reading and understanding project scope documents & drawings (P&IDs / schedules / BCDs)
- Competency of MS Excel to advanced level
- Experience in EQUE2 (desirable)
- Estimating experience
- Water industry experience
- Experience working for a subcontractor (desirable)
- Management experience
- Experience of completing framework bids
- Experience of managing commercial elements of frameworks
- Suitable University (or equivalent) level qualifications
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges offers flexible working for many of our roles to help support our employee’s work life balance. These flexible options may include part time or flexible hours or an element of home working. If you would like to discuss our flexible working options further please speak to our HR team or raise this at interview stage.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Health Shield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.